Our mission at Ormond JFC is to provide kids of all abilities a safe, supportive and inclusive environment which develops, promotes and encourages participation in Australian Rules Football.
MONDERS CARE CENTRE
To support our club members families we have launched our Monders Care Centre. Please click through to visit the page where we have support information along with information on how to anonymously access FREE supermarket vouchers for those adversely affected by Corona Virus.
VIRTUAL TRAINING HAS ARRIVED
The season may be on hold but you can stay fit and active with Monders Training Centre - check out the first videos to work on your skills.
OJFC - COVID 19 UPDATE
19th March 2020
OJFC COVID-19 INITIATIVES ANNOUNCED - OJFC COVID 19 STATEMENT NO.4
We know you were all chewing at the bit for the footy season to start. So, bring it on – only VIRTUALLY!
Attached below is our Strategic Plan for the Covid Season – SEASON 2020 – lace your boots up! And get Mum and Dad stretching the Hammies – we don’t want injuries! While we are suspending group training, we’re are about to crank up online – it’s all about staying connected, keeping fit, having fun and supporting one another. And …. being ready for Season proper when the green light goes on again.
There will be four new on-line resources:
1. Monders Merch Centre – look the part in our new 2020 season range of Ormond Gear
2. Monders Training and Online Resources Centre – get off the couch and moving
3. Monders Business Centre – supporting local businesses
4. Monders Care Centre – it’s just what we do.
We are also working with Council to bring forward a number of capital works developments at EE Gunn while the club training pause is in effect.
1. Monders Merch – Look the part in our new Merch Gear
Our new merchandise range will be online next week in the Monders Merch Centre. Cracking designs we know you’ll love them. All 2020 registrations will have their new 2020 Training Tops and Caps home delivered. We’ve also got an awesome range of new supporter merchandise that you will be able to order on-line with home delivery very shortly!
2. Monders Online Training – Get off the couch and moving
You can still train at home! Year level self-help online training programs and resources are being prepared and will begin to appear next week in our Monders Training Centre and Online Resources. We’ll YouTube instructional videos for everyone to follow and try at home. There will be competitions and prizes to win and some new online tools to keep kids engaged – all in a child safe environment. We’ll also be announcing club and team captains and club award winners.
Mums and Dads now is the time to remember we are part of a community that can-do great things together.
First up – spend time with your kids supporting these initiatives – now is the time!
3. Monders Business Promo – Don’t try this at home get an expert in
Support your local Monders businesses and families. A Monders Business Centre is going online shortly. You’ll be able to promote the services of your small business and you’ll be able find the services you need to get stuff done around the place. Let’s keep our local Monders economy working!
…it’s just what we do.
4. Monders Care Centre – looking out for each other.
We’re setting up an online Monders Care Centre – where you can confidentially let us know how you are going:
> There will be referral services to help you with the pressures of managing kids in this new world, and
> There will be prepaid cards for our families affected by this disruption so they can get what they need anonymously. We’re hoping that those of you with good steady jobs will donate via our donation portal which will be available next week.
Building for the future
We are also using this pause in the season to progress our previously announced and much needed capital works at EE Gunn. We are in detailed conversations with Council to ramp up the timing of development works including:
> Installation of the new light towers that will enable us to run competition night games
> Refurbishment of the change rooms to provide 4 unisex change facilities that will enable all our teams regardless of gender to feel safe and use the Pavilion
I am also pleased to let you know the repainting of the Canteen has been completed by our good Friends Monarch Paints – It looks fantastic and will take our food services to another level again.
Keyboards ready – we start going online shortly – It’s going to be a ripping start to Season 2020!
Ormond Junior Football Club
Monders Covid19 Strategic Plan – SEASON 2020
Below is our plan for Season 2020
1. Keep people safe and minimise spread
2. Maintain kids’ engagement and social connection
3. Continue to have fun
4. Support our community
5. Maintain our club and community and keep them game ready
1. Keep people safe
- Maintain pause in club training and group activities
- Ensure the pause is effectively enforced through communications to parents, players and coaches
2. Maintain kids’ engagement and social connection
- Progress all normal awards club captains’ shields, Adlington, life members etc – do virtual awards night
- Update web with child safe self-help online training resources
- Coaches set personal training programs – challenges and targets
- Develop on-line virtual training sessions and support tools
- Encourage child parent intra club online competitions at home
3. Have fun
- Regular weekly club comms of personal training competition results
- Coaching webinars
- Online awards
4. Support community
- Set up on-line member small business section on our club website
- Club care and packages for families affected by disruption
5 Maintain our club and community and keep them game ready
- Bring forward EE Gunn capital works programs
- Do all the above
Savers is no ordinary recycle store. As a leader and pioneer in the retail thrift industry, we're a place where people from all backgrounds love to shop for great selection, deals and treasures. But there’s also a higher purpose for what we do.
Partnering with OJFC is not a byproduct of our business—it’s how we do business. So when you shop at Savers, you help OJFC.