OJFC HISTORY

Where and how did it all begin? Well: from little things big things grow.

In the mid 1950’s a man by the name of Harold ‘Steve’ Stevens sowed the seed.

Harold Stevens was a very community minded individual and later became a councilor and subsequently a mayor of the then City of Moorabbin.

‘Steve’ as he was known took it upon himself to establish a gymnasium for local boys.

This humble gym was housed in a church hall in a suburb which no longer officially exists – Ormond East

The church hall belonged to the St Anne’s parish and was situated in Moylan Street, just off Tucker Road.

Steve established the gym specifically for boys aged between 9 – 12 years of age.

But such was the popularity of Steve’s gym that it was not long before he was looking for another project through which he could provide local boys with a safe and healthy outlet. Steve decided to form a football team. It would be overstating things to say that Steve formed a football club, as he literally had just one team. He called the team St Anne’s and eventually named the growing entity the St Anne’s Boys Football Club’.

Tonight let’s wander through the decades that have since followed and briefly track the ups and downs of a mighty organization.

We Are

ORMOND