Girls Footy 2019
2019 Girls Footy
EE Gunn Oval 1
Tania Cumming: Girls Co-ordinator
phone: 0423 293 491.
Welcome to 2019
After a very successful 2018, Ormond Junior Football Club will be taking our Girls Footy Program to the next level in 2019. With new initiatives and a greater focus on our Girl’s Footy, 2019 is set for our biggest year yet.
To ensure the continual development and growth of our Girls Footy Program, we have 3 core principles in place:
1. Safety - Our coaches are dedicated to ensuring our girls learn the skills to stay safe when playing and enjoying the game
2. Inclusion - Our teams are created from individuals of all skill sets, that are celebrated and developed to their maximum potential
3. Values - Our club is a values-based club focussed on teamwork, resilience, sportsGIRLship, respect, discipline and community
Coaching and Development 2019
To ensure the continued development of our junior female players, we are assembling a team of coaches committed to helping our players develop both on and off the field:
1. Brent Orr will be coaching our Under 12 Girls Team. Many of you will know Brent, who coached the under 10 girls team last year, and has two daughter's (Sienna and Charlotte) in the competition.
2. Ben McRae, our Under 12 Girls Team Coach (and dad of Marloe, also a player) and Co-ordinator last year will continue to support all of our coaches in the 2019 Girls Season.
Registrations are now open, with each participant to receive a training top and beanie!!
Tania Cumming, our Girls Co-ordinator can be contacted on email
Southwick Shield Winner - Isla Tucker
Ormond JFC Girls Players participating in a high-performance session at Core Advantage with Head Coach Durham McInnis: